Monday 27 January 2014

You need friends

Today I had coffee and a catch up with an old friend. She wouldn't like the 'old' bit, but the catch up with someone I don't see much of was good! Ever noticed how conversations at times like this take us down Memory Lane quite a lot? This one was no different.

In the course of conversation we were talking about people we appreciated from the past because, in some way, they influenced our lives for good. It all started because she mentioned seeing mutual friends I haven't seen for many years. I was sending my love and sharing just how important this other couple had been in my life in the distant past. That got us on to talking of others we remember with affection and gratitude.

Funny thing was I had spent the morning writing letters, including a couple to old friends, again special to me in some way, promising to keep in touch as that (keeping in touch) is becoming more difficult for them. This has all reminded me of some very important people in my life; how maybe they need to know that; and how important it is to work at keeping in touch better.

I'm sure we've all had people cross our paths whom we'd rather forget! But I have also been blessed by God in the past by truly godly friends who helped make me what I am today. I have told some of them in the past, but just maybe they need told again.

 As for my friend today - yes, I told her - thank you Mavis for the encouragement you were to me in the past - and for your friendship now.

No comments:

Post a Comment