Sunday 19 July 2015

Third on the right!

Can't believe it's been so long! Where is the year going?!

Looking at the title, some who know me might think this is about my well renowned sense of direction - or lack of! But no, not this time!
Some reading this will know that during last week I got my singing voice back - more of that another time - but you won't know about the 'third on the right'
First day at the New Wine Ireland conference last week I bashed my toe badly in the bathroom and it turned a very dramatic shade of black. With my 'spongey' bones history, I even wondered if it was broken. I hobbled on and it certainly didn't hold me back.
Then at the same session where someone prayed for my voice, another person said they wanted to pray with someone who had a damaged foot - yes, you go it - 3rd toe on the right foot! My black toe!
Now I know for some this sounds nuts. It even makes me laugh. The thing with my voice kind of took over and I forgot about the tootsies. I have to admit the bruising vanished quite quickly with no broken bones.
I pray for healing for quite a few people and not many, I have to admit, are healed as we would like. My tiny toe would be well bottom of even my list of priorities. I certainly don't understand all there is to know about healing God's way. I know he heals but I also know that things don't always work out as we would like - but I do know that God knows.
As I listened to words that certainly described very accurately a couple of things wrong with me, I knew without a shadow of a doubt that God knew and God cared - whether it was about my quite serious voice problem - more of that again! - or the tiny '3rd on the right' toe!
When I was telling someone about my voice returning, I was describing that the first sense I had from God was him saying 'I know' and that was such a reassuring feeling that it would have been enough.

Whatever is going on; whatever happens in our lives, God knows. Whatever lies ahead God knows and is in control. God knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment